COVID-19 Notice – UPDATE
Following the nation-wide lockdown extension announcement by President Ramaphosa, Mayfair Hotel will remain temporarily closed until the end of April. Let us stand together to ensure the health and safety of all South Africans.
Thank you to our guests who have postponed their bookings, rather than cancel during this difficult time. We really appreciate your support and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
For further information or enquiries, kindly contact our General Manager, Lex Fordyce directly: email@example.com
Mayfair Hotel Management
Dear Valued Guests
Our commitment to health, safety and security
In response to the recent development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the national authorities.
Mayfair Hotel has activated our corporate crisis response team and has strong processes and support teams in place. Our hotel has been informed in detail on essential preparatory and prevention measures – ranging from hygiene measures including increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency, to guidelines on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) or lockdowns for quarantine purposes in co-operation with the national authorities.
We are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities, to continue working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and associates, within the requirements issued by authorities.
We have implemented the following additional control measures:
- Increased cleaning of public areas and surfaces frequently touched by guests and team members.
- Regular disinfection of door handles, elevator control panels, credit card terminals and commonly used amenities.
- Regular routine cleaning of public areas such as restrooms, breakfast rooms, restaurants, table tops, counters, handrails, door knobs, disinfection of door handles, elevator control panels and credit card terminals, back office surfaces, key-cards, pens and front desk surfaces are wiped down on a regular routine throughout the day, with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Sanitizers for security officers at our hotel entrances have also been issued to ensure hygiene for themselves as well as all our arriving guests.
- Additional stations of hand disinfection, and increased focus on the importance of good hand hygiene procedures for our team members.
- Changes to all food and beverage services in an effort to mitigate the risk for our guests and team members.
- Update instructions and procedures for all team members on general hygiene standards and instruction on hand disinfection.
- Educating staff (ongoing) on what the virus is; where the disease outbreak began; ways in which it is transmitted; symptoms to look out for; and daily measures to prevent contamination and spread of viruses in personal, operational and guest spaces.
- Staff hand sanitizers (alcohol based) have been rolled out in back of house areas (such as kitchen, office, laundry, staff restaurant and bathrooms) as well as front of house guest areas (such as reception desk, bar, restaurant, lounge, fitness room, boardroom and meeting room). Included is the wiping of key-cards, pens, door knobs.
- Guest hand sanitizers (alcohol based) are placed in easy reach of guests in public areas of the hotel with a notice encouraging regular use.
- Personal hygiene is being reiterated, including the importance of washing hands frequently and thoroughly; avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; practicing respiratory hygiene (sneezing and coughing into a tissue that is safely discarded or the crook of the elbow), and avoiding touching one’s face.
- Protective wear such as protective gloves (and face masks as required) are issued to housekeeping and public area Guest Service Attendants when on duty and cleaning equipment with a disinfectant cleaner between guest and rest rooms.
- Facemasks are not a standard and we are following the advice of Discovery Health, the CDC, WHO, NICD and other health industry advisors which is: The global recommendations are for face masks to be worn only by those who have potential or confirmed cases of COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses. Facemasks do not seem to prevent the contraction of the illness, though definitely mitigate the spread from individuals who are ill.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is coughing, sneezing and feverish. Anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness to be reported to the hotel’s General Manager for further action to take place, such as contacting the NICD hotline.
- Breakfast serving standards have reviewed to replace the usual buffet with limited à la carte breakfast options presented to guests to avoid any instances of buffet contamination during this high alert period.
- Spacing between tables have been implemented to ensure your safety.
- Every other room will be placed out of service thus limiting the number of people per floor and exposure.
- Dinner will be limited to an à la carte menu with in-room dining made available.
- Beverages will be sold until that stipulated by the recent gazette, that being Monday – Saturday 12h00 until 18h00 and Sundays from 12h00 until 13h00.
What can you do?
- Wash your hands frequently or use our dispensers with hand sanitizer
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
- Cough into a paper towel that you throw away. Then wash your hands.
- If you do not have a paper towel, cough in your elbow to prevent air droplets from spreading.
- Avoid touching your face: eyes, nose and mouth.
The NICD Hotline is available to all staff and guests. In the event that anyone feels ill, the South African Department of Health advises first phoning the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) helpline rather than going straight to a medical facility, to prevent potential contamination. The NICD hotline number is 080 002 9999.
While no one can predict the path of this virus, we are doing all we can to reduce the risk of potential contamination or spread of disease. We thank you for choosing to stay at a Mayfair Hotel and look forward to delivering on our service excellence promise.